Honey Garlic Noodles
- Honey-Garlic Sauce:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 or 2 fresh bird’s-eye chiles, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Noodles and friends:
- 12 ounces thin egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 limes: 1 halved, 1 cut into wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro or your favorite spicy herbs, for serving
- Make the sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Stir and set aside.
- Make the noodles and friends:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the package directions. When 1 minute of cooking time remains and the noodles are softened but firm, drain.
- In a wok, heat the sunflower oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the noodles and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes, keeping the noodles moving the entire time.
- Pour in the sauce and cook for 1 minute, tossing to ensure that the noodles are completely coated. Turn off the heat.
- Toss in the scallions, squeeze the juice of the halved lime on top, and sprinkle on the sesame seeds. Give everything a good toss to mix and combine.
- Serve with the lime wedges and fresh cilantro or spicy greens.